It seems like everyone I’ve talked to recently is sick. Has this been your experience as well? Is anyone out there healthy? I hope so. If not, nothing is better for a cold than warm soup and some fresh links.
- The Mariners are renovating the playing surface in Safeco Field.
Around the League...
- Baseball Prospectus named the top 20 prospects in the Northwest League. No Mariners’ made the list.
- Baseball Prospectus also made a series of graphics breaking down payroll, WARP by position, and more.
- The Cubs blanked the Nationals to begin their NLDS showdown.
- So, Austin Jackson scored the game-winning run to give the Indians a 2-0 lead in the ALCS over the Yankees.
- Lonnie Chisenhall appeared to be hit by a pitch to load the bases for Fransisco Lindor, who went on to hit a grand slam. Chisenhall said after the game that he was surprised that the Yankees didn’t challenge the call, because replays seem to show the ball hit the end of Chisenhall’s bat (rather than his hands) before Gary Sanchez caught the foul tip. This would have resulted in strike three and ended the inning.
- Joe Girardi explained why he didn’t challenge the ruling on Chisenhall’s hit by pitch.
- The Astros cruised to an 8-2 win, giving them a 2-0 edge over the Red Sox.
- Travis Sawchik discusses Jose Altuve’s development into MVP candidacy.
- This is sad news.