Good morning everyone! I hope you’re enjoying the postseason thusfar. Today October baseball gets into full swing, as all of the ALDS series play today. While you wait for those games, here are some links to keep you occupied.
In Mariners news...
- Jerry Dipoto has Scott Servais’ back despite the manager’s shortcomings on the field.
- Nick Neidert and Dan Vogelbach were named the M’s Prospects of the Year.
- Best of luck Angie!
Rarely serious-today I will try. Headed in for #breastcaner surgery & just wanted to say thank you so much for all of the positive thoughts pic.twitter.com/nbXYQOkdAc— Angie Mentink (@AngieMentink) October 5, 2017
Around the league...
- The Rangers have picked up the team’s option on Jeff Bannister, keeping him the manager of the squad through 2019.
- The Diamondbacks may have used a similar technique as the Red Sox did to steal signs in the NL Wild Card Game.
- Baseball America offers an early look at the 2018 draft class.
- Here’s how Japanese baseball fans are reacting to news that the country’s superstar, Shohei Ohtani, is moving stateside.
- Jose Altuve joined an exclusive club with his three-homer game last night in the team’s victory over the Red Sox.
AL Players with 3 HRs in Postseason Game:— Katie Sharp (@ktsharp) October 5, 2017
Babe Ruth (2x)
- Camden Chat wonders if the Orioles should have dealt Zach Britton at the trade deadline.
- Despite the Mets’ struggles of late, the team will extend the contract of GM Sandy Alderson through 2020.
- Charlotte Wilder doesn’t like the Yankees still even though the squad’s young players are pretty likable on their own.
- Giancarlo Stanton may be an exciting player on this year’s market, but he probably won’t be worth it in the end.
- The new Twins front office plans to keep Paul Molitor around after the team’s successful 2017 season.
- For all the video game nerds out there.
When you meet up with your mom at the park but you fall into a bush pic.twitter.com/cOqOteTqbX— Spooky Eggette (@JustFlandre) October 3, 2017