Good morning everyone! Yesterday was a hell of a start to the postseason, with the Yankees taking down the Twins in comeback fashion. Tonight will be the NL Wild Card Game, which hopefully lives up to the billing. Here are some links to get your day going.
In Mariners news...
- The Mariners are making some minor coaching changes in the major league staff.
The #Mariners announce Manny Acta, Scott Brosius, Chris Prieto, Edgar Martinez, Mel Stottlemyre will return to MLB coaching staff in 2018.— MarinersPR (@MarinersPR) October 3, 2017
Tim Bogar (bench coach) and Casey Candaele (first base coach) will not return in 2018 for Mariners.— Greg Johns (@GregJohnsMLB) October 3, 2017
Manny Acta getting promoted to bench coach and Chris Prieto to first base coach. Scott Brosius moves to 3B coach.— Greg Johns (@GregJohnsMLB) October 3, 2017
- Jerry Dipoto spoke with the media yesterday about his approach heading into the offseason.
- This is the kind of news you always hear when a season ends, and it’s not a good look.
Dipoto revealed Heredia basically played with a dislocated shoulder all year long. Had to put it back in place 4 times.— Shannon Drayer (@shannondrayer) October 3, 2017
Around the league...
- Although a couple of these predictions are outdated by now, the SB Nation baseball staff gave their takes for the postseason.
- Marc Normandin revisits the trade that sent Chris Taylor to the Dodgers.
- Grant Brisbee provides a reason to watch each team in the postseason.
- The Astros’ lineup improved more than any other team from last year to this year.
- The Mariners aren’t the only team that is shaking up the on-field staff. The Mets are making some changes as well.
- Justin Upton will probably be opting out of his deal with the Angels, which will make him a free agent.
- The NBA is making some major changes to the All-Star Game. Instead of having the east play the west, the teams will be hand-picked by two captains elementary school-style.
- This is unsurprising.