Hello and a Happy Halloween everyone! I hope you all have a fun evening, whether you’re going out, staying in, or anywhere in between (is there an in-between?) The World Series may end tonight, so be on the alert. Here are some links to get your day started.
In Mariners news...
- The Mariners will send a couple of players to the Fall Stars Game.
Reliever Matthew Festa and outfielder Braden Bishop will represent Mariners in Saturday’s Fall Stars Game in Arizona Fall League.— Greg Johns (@GregJohnsMLB) October 30, 2017
- Meanwhile, the M’s are hoping they won’t have to send another prospect to the disabled list.
Kyle Lewis back in Seattle to be seen by #Mariners team doctor. Felt something in the knee again, not believed to be a structural issue.— Shannon Drayer (@shannondrayer) October 30, 2017
MRI on Lewis showed no new damage or issues. #Mariners feel he will benefit from more rehab/strength work rather than 50 additional PA's.— Shannon Drayer (@shannondrayer) October 30, 2017
- Buy some merch from some of your favorite minor leaguers!
Bid on our worn BP jerseys & SIGNED lineup cards here> https://t.co/3abLsMfv5v— Modesto Nuts (@ModestoNuts) October 23, 2017
Portion of proceeds to benefit those affected by NorCal fires pic.twitter.com/QjCMieSFzh
Around the league...
- Perhaps a reunion is in order.
Mets have released Nori Aoki.— Mike Puma (@NYPost_Mets) October 30, 2017
- Let’s take this moment to appreciate Yasiel Puig’s adorable baby.
- Dave Cameron wonders if bullpens are really as important in the playoffs as we thought they were.
- Carlos Correa doesn’t even remember his own absurd celebration from the Astros’ Game 5 victory.
- John Hart will be cleared for violations in MLB’s investigation of the Braves front office.
- Whitney McIntosh ranks all of the home runs from Game 5.
- I missed this earlier but you should all see it.
@josealtuve27 Game 5 let's go! #worldseries https://t.co/ofaTLhBAqS pic.twitter.com/t9jFal5KKJ— Justin Verlander (@JustinVerlander) October 29, 2017
- The Seahawks made a major transaction to shore up their offensive line.
Seattle has traded for OT Duane Brown, source tells ESPN. Brown is out of Houston and will go to Seattle— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 30, 2017