Good morning folks! Yesterday was perhaps the craziest game of this World Series to date, and that’s saying something. The Astros walked off in the 10th with a 13-12 victory in a game in which Clayton Kershaw started against Dallas Keuchel. Unreal. Let’s get to the other news you may have missed from the day.
In Mariners news...
- I’ve got nothing today. Let me know if you find anything of interest in the comments!
Around the league...
- There have already been more home runs in this World Series than any one before it.
- The Nationals will hire Cubs bench coach Dave Martinez to serve as the team’s next manager.
- Meanwhile, the Phillies will hire Gabe Kapler to be the skipper in 2018.
- Dan Haren is grateful he’s no longer in the league.
So thankful they juiced the ball after I retired. So damn thankful.— dan haren (@ithrow88) October 30, 2017
- A’s catcher Bruce Maxwell was arrested on Saturday under suspicion of assault.
- One potential reason for the increase in offense in this year’s World Series may be the baseball, which is preventing pitchers from getting tight grips on their sliders.
- Dad jokes!
Costume party— Duh doh (@d_duhwit) October 28, 2017
Host: What are you?
Me: A harp
Host: Ur costume's too small to be a harp.
Me: Are you calling me a lyre