Good morning everyone. Yesterday was a pretty awful day. Our hearts go out to the families and friends of the victims in Las Vegas and to the entire community. It feels kind of wrong to talk about anything else since our attention should be directed towards fixing this ongoing problem in our country, but perhaps some baseball-related links can help take your mind off things for a bit and brighten up your day just a little.
In Mariners news...
- In what is surely the first of many to come, Greg Johns breaks down the Mariners season and takes a look at what went wrong for Seattle in 2017.
- Update, as of 9:45 AM: There have been some changes made to the coaching staff.
Around the league...
- Today, the American League Wild Card game will be played between the Twins and the Yankees.
- Grant Brisbee ranks the top 25 possible World Series matchups by how fun each of them would be to see.
- Braves general manager John Coppolella suddenly opted to step down from his post yesterday after allegations came out about his slimy negotiating tactics internationally.
- Dayton Moore and Dan Jennings are among the favorites to replace Coppolella as GM of the Braves.
- Giancarlo Stanton wants no part of a rebuild with the Marlins, which leads to speculation that the team will deal him this winter.
- ESPN’s baseball staff handicaps the awards races in both leagues.
- Although some had speculated if he was going to retire at the end of the year, Jose Bautista plans to give it another go.
- Former Mariners manager Don Wakamatsu is a free agent.
- Well, this was certainly created for folks like us.