How the heck is it almost November? I still have a hard time remembering to say 2017 instead of 2016 when putting the date on a paper, but here we are, more than three-quarters of the way through the year. With Halloween just two days away, I want to hear everyone’s best Halloween costume choice. To be completely honest, I’ve never had a truly outstanding costume. My best idea was probably when I went as Jake from State Farm my senior year of high school. I’m excited to hear your Halloween stories, kind of like how you’re excited to take in these links.
In Mariners News...
- Felix Hernandez and Ichiro Suzuki have the most innings pitched and plate appearances of active pitchers without having participated in a World Series.
Active hitter w/the most PAs w/o a WS: Ichiro Suzuki (4th among active hitters)— Baseball Reference (@baseball_ref) October 29, 2017
Active pitcher w/the most IP: Felix (5th among active Ps) https://t.co/MP9VD6YyJG
- Josh Horton discusses Mike Leake’s ability to click with the Mariners.
- Take a look at Eric Filia’s success in AFL.
Eric Filia in the Arizona Fall League.— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) October 29, 2017
11G, .405/.477/.595/1.072, 15H, 3 2B, 2 3B, 6R, 6RBI, 6BB, 4K. #AFL17 #Mariners
Around the League...
- Yuli Gurriel will miss the first five games of the 2018 season for his gesture directed towards Yu Darvish. He will not miss any of the World Series.
Yuli Gurriel avoids World Series suspension, wil serve 5 games in 2018 after meeting with Rob Manfred https://t.co/gYNyH2oHux— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) October 28, 2017
- Tony Perez and Andre Dawson are moving on from their roles with the Marlins after receiving deals offering less money in a more limited role.
Tony perez and andre dawson leave marlins after receiving offers they felt simply weren't right.https://t.co/xsqHRYM4nx— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) October 28, 2017
- Anthony Rizzo is donating the money he received for winning the Roberto Clemente Award to hurricane relief in Puerto Rico.
#Cubs Rizzo received $25,000 for winning Clemente award and will donate that to Puerto Rico hurricane relief efforts in Roberto's honor— Carrie Muskat (@CarrieMuskat) October 28, 2017
- The Dodgers didn’t score until the seventh inning, but a five-run ninth lifted Los Angeles to a 6-2 victory.
Bellinger, Pederson lead the way as @Dodgers use 5-run 9th inning to even #WorldSeries at 2 games apiece. https://t.co/4UJnqQUi4R pic.twitter.com/GmfpMb4G77— MLB (@MLB) October 29, 2017
- Clayton Kershaw is ready to go for game five tonight.
“IS IT GAME 5 YET?!” #WorldSeries pic.twitter.com/cW8rFkjN1X— MLB GIFS (@MLBGIFs) October 29, 2017
- Only one of Houston’s 10 balls in play with an exit velocity of at least 95 MPH resulted in a hit in game four.
- Nothing beats Husky Stadium at or near full capacity.
All anyone saw was purple. #PurpleReign pic.twitter.com/Arb8eh6UuT— UW Football (@UW_Football) October 29, 2017