I watched the majority of Game 3 last night with my dad at a bar back home. I want to hear how you all have been watching these games. Also, feel free to explain who you want to win and why. Now that baseball is on your mind, take a look at these links.
- Apparently Kyle Seager led the league in long fly outs this year.
The only player to hit 100 long fly outs this year was Kyle Seager, 103. Bill James Handbook 2018.— Bill James Online (@billjamesonline) October 27, 2017
- Jeff Zimmerman offered his take on what yielded this bad luck for Seager.
He intentionally upped his LA but went too far. If he didn't hit w/ elite EV, most flyballs were outs. Flyball revolution taken too far. https://t.co/PbDRuKqEF0— Jeff Zimmerman (@jeffwzimmerman) October 27, 2017
- The Mariners claimed David Freitas yesterday and reinstated Rob Whalen to their 40-man roster.
Mariners claim catcher David Freitas off waivers from Atlanta. Plus RHP Rob Whalen reinstated to 40-man roster from restricted list.— Greg Johns (@GregJohnsMLB) October 27, 2017
- Mariners prospect Logan Taylor instagrammed a picture of him breaking down his swing.
Around the League...
- The Yankees gave every other club permission to talk to their coaches about job openings.
#Yankees sent E-mail to every club today granting permission to contact their coaches for any job. Might need to build entirely new staff.— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) October 28, 2017
- The Astros have opted to use two starters in their most recent home playoff wins rather than using a reliever.
Houston’s last 2 home playoff wins, AJ Hinch has gone starter to starter (no in-season relievers). Check on @MrBrianKenny #bullpenningonhold— Chris Rose (@ChrisRose) October 28, 2017
- According to Brian Kenny, the Astros started using this “tandem start” idea in the minor leagues.
#Astros we're doing #TandemStarts first in minors.— Brian Kenny (@MrBrianKenny) October 28, 2017
Were mocked for it, of course.
- Brad Peacock, who started 21 games for the Astros last year, pitched in relief last night, and got a piece of history.
Brad Peacock fires 3.2 no-hit frames to finish Game 3 for @Astros – longest hitless #WorldSeries relief outing since 1964 (Ron Taylor, STL). pic.twitter.com/xchRQdmfJu— MLB Stat of the Day (@MLBStatoftheDay) October 28, 2017
- The Astros have won each of their first seven home playoff games, joining the 2008 Phillies as the only other team to do so.
.@astros become only the SECOND team in @MLB history to win first seven home games in a #postseason (2008 @Phillies). pic.twitter.com/tYtlOWBZir— MLB Stat of the Day (@MLBStatoftheDay) October 28, 2017
- Astros pitcher Charlie Morton reflects on baseball and life after baseball with David Laurila of FanGraphs.
- Jeff Sullivan pointed out a few adjustments Yu Darvish has made since joining the Dodgers.
- Anthony Rizzo of the Cubs was awarded with the Roberto Clemente Award.
- Rob Manfred denied the juiced ball theory.
- The Huskies unveiled a trophy of Don James yesterday.
Toughness. Humility. Excellence.— Washington Athletics (@UWAthletics) October 28, 2017
The #Dawgfather. pic.twitter.com/NyxQcGxNGZ