Hello and happy Friday! The World Series will resume today as Game 3 will take place in Houston tonight. Luckily yesterday was full of news considering there were no baseball games played. Let’s recap what you may have missed from the day.
In Mariners news...
- ICYMI: It’s coming earlier than usual!
#Mariners 2018 single-game tickets will go on sale on November 18.— MarinersPR (@MarinersPR) October 26, 2017
Read: https://t.co/Op9RacZYHH pic.twitter.com/MUoieq2JZg
- Hey, I know that guy!
.@EdiDiaz44 of the @Mariners hails from #PuertoRico, and he has a story to tell. We spoke to him as a part of our new series #WhereICameFrom pic.twitter.com/YLwm2XBwRG— Infield Chatter (@InfieldChatter) October 25, 2017
Around the league...
- To the surprise of many, the Yankees opted not to bring back manager Joe Girardi.
- Pinstripe Alley isn’t happy with the move.
- Federal Baseball hopes the Nationals take a hard look at Girardi, as long as he’s interested in the job.
- It didn’t find long for Chili Davis to find himself a new job after leaving the Red Sox.
Cubs don't renew contract of hitting coach John Mallee. Chili Davis is named new hitting coach. Andy Haines promoted to assistant HC.— Sahadev Sharma (@sahadevsharma) October 26, 2017
- There’s a lot of movement going on in the coaching ranks.
Mike Maddux about to be named pitching coach of #STLCards, sources tell The Athletic.— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) October 26, 2017
- Whitney McIntosh ranks all of the home runs hit in the second game of the World Series.
- The World Series hasn’t been all rainbows and sunshine. Astros skipper A.J. Hinch had a run-in with the police in Los Angeles after an altercation in a bar.
- There are a lot of great players in this year’s World Series. But how many of them are future Hall of Famers? David Schoenfeld investigates this.
- Now that Dustin Pedroia is likely to miss the beginning of the 2018 season, Over The Monster wonders where the Red Sox should look to replace his production.
- The Indians have hired former Mariners pitching coach Carl Willis to occupy the same role after Mickey Callaway was hired by the Mets.
- The Brewers have agreed to a two-year contract extension with Chase Anderson.
- Rawlings has announced the finalists for the Gold Glove awards at each position. No Mariners made the cut.