Good morning everyone! Yesterday the Astros won 7-6 in a hell of a game last night to even up the series at a game apiece. There was some other news around the sport as well, so let’s get to it.
In Mariners news...
- It looks like Manny Acta will probably be sticking around.
to clarify, acta did not have an in-person interview with phillies. mariners are planning to keep him as coach, as of now.— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) October 25, 2017
- Evan Marshall and his family are freakin’ adorable.
Around the league...
- Vin Scully made yesterday’s World Series game extra special by throwing the first pitch and delivering an excellent speech.
- Someone asked me today how Justin Turner became so good. It seems like a lot of his success comes from his ability to think fast.
- Stephanie Springer at The Hardball Times wonders how new grips on baseballs could affect the game.
- Apparently FOX had some difficulties with their in-game digital advertising.
Great catch by [REDACTED] pic.twitter.com/JK06AawJjw— POC with degrees (@iamHectorDiaz) October 26, 2017
- Just elect the kid to the Hall of Fame now. In what sport? All of them.
- Bleed Cubbie Blue thinks its about time the Cubs dealt Kyle Schwarber.
- The Marlins’ new ownership group hasn’t done a very good job communicating its intentions with star outfielder Giancarlo Stanton.
- The Phillies are taking a hard look at Triple-A skipper Dusty Wathan for the team’s vacancy.
- SB Nation recounts the 2006 World Series, which the producer of this video claims is the worst one ever.
- Jose Altuve and Stanton were named the recipients of the Hank Aaron Award yesterday. Here’s what Aaron had to say about Altuve in particular.
High praise from Hank Aaron! pic.twitter.com/EtuhOZ6l4G— SB Nation MLB (@SBNationMLB) October 25, 2017
- Man, this guy has not been making his PR manager’s job easy lately.