Good morning everyone! The Dodgers won the first game of the World Series. Clayton Kershaw turned in a gem with 11 strikeouts to secure the 3-1 victory. Now we await the start of Game 2 tonight. Here are some links to get your day started.
In Mariners news...
- Bob Dutton discusses Mariners’ outfield prospect Braden Bishop’s batting adjustment that helped him break out this season in Dutton’s latest piece with Baseball America (paywall warning).
- Bishop and fellow M’s prospect Kyle Lewis have made an early impression in the Arizona Fall League.
Around the league...
- People were angry about the YouTube logo that was behind home plate on the national Game 1 broadcast.
- Did you think Game 1 of the World Series was unusually quick? It was. It was the fastest World Series game in 25 years.
- Dodgers manager Dave Roberts doesn’t plan to start Kershaw on short rest in Game 4.
- My friends asked me to guess who the three players were without looking. I forgot the Tigers were in the World Series in 2012.
This is the least-experienced World Series since the third Fall Classic ... 111 years ago. #SCFacts pic.twitter.com/0kKaHMJCgi— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) October 25, 2017
- Wow, look what happened to our friend Hector.
Two former MLB'ers Hector Noesi (Kia Tigers) and Dustin Nippert (Doosan Bears) will start the Game 1 of the Korean Series tomorrow. #KBO— Sung Min Kim (@sung_minkim) October 24, 2017
- If you wanted to relive the World Series of years past, look no further.
Every final out of the World Series since 1967. Simply amazing. pic.twitter.com/21s8nGoEIG— Kent (@RealKentMurphy) October 24, 2017
- Scott Lauber at ESPN talks to players around the sport about how Jose Altuve is able to have his level of success as one of the league’s shortest players.
- A waiter refused to serve Bruce Maxwell at a restaurant because he kneeled during the National Anthem.
- Some local baseball news (also of personal interest to me since I was the radio announcer for the Bend Elks in the same league this summer):
We are thrilled to announce the wildly popular @PicklesBaseball will join the West Coast League. STORY: https://t.co/Zfo1JHhEcm pic.twitter.com/Zt9zF3KI08— West Coast League (@WCLBaseball) October 24, 2017
- Looking for some sports-related couples Halloween costumes? Probably not. But here are some not-so-serious options anyway.