Good morning everyone! I know this is a little unusual; you don’t usually see me here on a Sunday. I’m as surprised as you are, frankly.
Yesterday the Astros sent the Yankees packing with a thrilling Game 7 victory. Today there is no baseball. But soon we will see Houston battle Los Angeles for the right to call itself the owner of a very good baseball team. But first, let’s just get you some links for the day.
In Mariners news...
- Some minor league Mariners news.
Also: RHPs Christian Bergman, Ernesto Frieri, Cody Martin and Ryan Weber filed for minor-league free agency.— Bob Dutton (@TNT_Mariners) October 21, 2017
Small item you might have missed: #Mariners sent SS Osmy Gregorio to Rays as PTBNL in deal that netted RHP Ryan Garton and C Mike Marjama.— Bob Dutton (@TNT_Mariners) October 21, 2017
Around the league...
- Apparently Dusty Baker has always dreamt of managing...the Mariners?
Seattle is the one job he’s always wanted. They didn’t return his phone call when they hired Servais. https://t.co/PNospcuB1J— Full Dissident (@hbryant42) October 22, 2017
- From the same guy, an interesting thread on Baker (if you open the tweet on Twitter).
Final thoughts for the night on Dusty: 1) When he was out he called WAS, SEA, SD, AZ, DET, regarding their openings I told him I was mad.— Full Dissident (@hbryant42) October 21, 2017
- Alex Cora will reportedly receive a three-year deal to manage the Red Sox.
- This is an interesting stat. I didn’t realize CC had seen so much postseason action.
CC Sabathia is the first pitcher in MLB history to start a postseason game at 21 or younger and at 37 or older— James Smyth (@JamesSmyth621) October 21, 2017
- David Schoenfield previews the Astros-Dodgers World Series matchup.
- Bless You Boys wonders what kind of chances Justin Verlander has to make the Hall of Fame.
- In case you missed it, Aaron Judge flashed the leather again in another big game.
- Haha, what the hell?
A holy shit story is a story you want to share with nothing but the words “holy shit.”— max linsky (@maxlinsky) October 19, 2017
Holy shit: https://t.co/56DqTvefZ5
- This is also very cool.