Good morning everyone! It’s officially the postseason. Although the Mariners are done playing for 2017, there will still be plenty of action in the coming weeks. I hope we can all enjoy it together. Thanks for sticking around through this wild 2017 season.
In Mariners news...
- I’ve got nothing. Help me out in the comments if you find anything fun and Mariners-related!
Around the league...
- John Jaso is likely retiring now that the season is over, and his plans for his life sure are interesting.
- Beyond the Box Score looks back at its predictions for the season to see how accurate they were.
- Mets manager Terry Collins, who was likely going to lose his job anyway, has opted to resign and move himself to a front office role.
- After remaining silent on the issue for a long time, the Yankees have finally agreed to extend their netting to help protect the fans.
- We miss you, Roenis.
⚾️Daddy's biggest fan #RoeniEliasJr @RoenisElias29 #1 #teamElias @RedSoxBeisbol @RedSox pic.twitter.com/m1MphKfKoB— Vanessa Elias (@vaniwong) August 24, 2016
- Ichiro isn’t slowing down any time soon. The outfielder reportedly wants to play until he’s 50.
- Now that the regular season is over, here’s what the first round of next year’s draft will look like.
- Jeff Passan thinks MLB is taking appropriate steps to improve diversity in all levels of the sport.
- Omar Vizquel and Lloyd McClendon were two of several people to interview for the Tigers managerial opening.
- Royals Review reflects on the last several years with the outgoing core of players.
- LOOK AT THIS HOCKEY CAT.
Look, I just tell my cat, there is a chance to play in NHL this year. pic.twitter.com/8iBoTYeEl7— Jaromir Jagr (@68Jagr) October 1, 2017