Good morning everyone! The Cubs managed to hang onto life yesterday while the Yankees pulled ahead of the Astros 3-2 in the series with a victory over Dallas Keuchel. I don’t know about you but I’m ready for the offseason so we can see some crazy Jerry moves. Until then, here are some links to keep you occupied.
In Mariners news...
- In case you missed it, someone stole part of the bat from Ken Griffey Jr.’s statue, and a bystander chased the thief down to retrieve the bat piece.
Around the league...
- I’m just gonna leave this here.
Most hated MLB teams by each state pic.twitter.com/hR7tU2fCFK— Real McCoy Baseball (@REALMcCOYMINORS) October 18, 2017
- Chris Taylor thrived because of the Dodgers, and not necessarily because he’s always had it in him, writes Travis Sawchik.
- I wonder what prompted this.
Chief Baseball Analyst Tony La Russa will depart the #Dbacks organization at the end of the month. We thank Tony for his contributions. pic.twitter.com/bbGdBYRmJA— Arizona Diamondbacks (@Dbacks) October 18, 2017
- CC Sabathia pitches much differently in the postseason than he does in the regular season, notes Pinstripe Alley.
- A group is forming to try to bring Major League Baseball to Portland.
- Jeff Sullivan breaks down Yu Darvish’s RBI walk from Tuesday.
- This postseason is in fact packed with more talent than any other in the Wild Card era.
- The former Washington Husky commit might stay with Missouri longer than expected.
Great news Mizzou fans! pic.twitter.com/RYZ5CLb5Ca— SB Nation (@SBNation) October 18, 2017