Good morning everyone and happy Monday! Yesterday the Dodgers hit the first walk-off home run in a postseason game since Kirk Gibson did it. Isn’t that wild? Even more wild: Gibson’s home run was 29 years ago to the day. You can’t script this stuff.
We’ve got a pretty small batch of links for the morning, as it was a pretty uneventful Sunday outside of the Dodgers-Cubs game. Enjoy the light dose of reading.
In Mariners news...
- I can’t find any real news, but here are some updates on M’s in the winter leagues.
Mariners in winter ball on Saturday:— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) October 15, 2017
Bryan Evans 4IP, 4H, 0R, 3BB, 3K
Jonathan Aro 0.1IP, 0H, 0R, 0BB
Evan Marshall 1IP, 0H, 0R, 0BB, 2K, SV
Around the league...
- Oh my gosh, this is terrible.
A collection of pics of the horrible field conditions they played in at Koshien Stadium today https://t.co/8MHbFg6Kxl #npb— NPB on reddit (@NPB_Reddit) October 15, 2017
- In case you missed it, Yasiel Puig and Keith Olbermann got into a pretty interesting “discussion” about bat flips.
- Just because it’s a rule doesn’t mean it’s a good one, notes Joe Maddon. And yes, this is relating to the slide.
- The Red Sox have reached out to Ron Gardenhire about interviewing for the team’s managerial opening.
- I’m simply leaving this out here because it’s news, but it’s neither here nor there: Colin Kaepernick has filed a grievance for collusion against the NFL.