Good morning and happy Friday to you all! The ALDS/NLDS is now complete, and we head over to the start of the ALCS/NLCS with a matchup between the Astros and Yankees starting tonight. Here’s a fun fact for you to start your day.
The 4 largest cities advance to the NL/ALCS— Nate Cohn (@Nate_Cohn) October 13, 2017
With apologies to Toronto, which I've decided doesn't count— Nate Cohn (@Nate_Cohn) October 13, 2017
In which I’ve learned that Jacksonville and San Antonio are both bigger cities than Seattle. The more you know!
In Mariners news...
- Yonder Alonso would be happy to return to the Mariners next season.
Around the league...
- This is a very cool development!
WBSC #WomensBaseball World Cup 2018 to be held in Viera, Florida at @USSSA Space Coast Stadium/Complex ️!!! Aug 2018 #WBSCCongress pic.twitter.com/P8Hh6YCbc4— ⚾ WBSC (@WBSC) October 12, 2017
- Jeff Sullivan breaks down Brett Gardner’s pivotal 12-pitch at-bat from Game 5 against the Indians.
- Well, it worked anyway.
Wade Davis has never had a 7-out save. Or a 6-, 5- or 4-out save. But what the heck. It's October— Jayson Stark (@jaysonst) October 13, 2017
- ESPN’s Scott Lauber wonders how long of a rope the Red Sox are giving GM Dave Dombrowski.
- Over the Monster takes a look at some potential managers for the 2018 Red Sox.
- The games this postseason have been unusually long.
- Reliever Greg Holland is planning to decline his option with the Rockies and will become a free agent.
- Grant Brisbee reflects on how odd it is that the Yankees never had to go through a full rebuild.
- The drama in the Braves front office prompted the decision to hold onto manager Brian Snitker, according to reports.
- Dave Cameron thinks that there needs to be some changes in the review rules after a replay in the 8th inning all but sealed the Nationals defeat last night.
- Neither team really deserved to win that series, argues Whitney McIntosh.
- These things are getting out of hand.
"I only know one truth-It's time for #TheLastJedi poster parodies to END!"- Luke Skywalker— @HamillHimself (@HamillHimself) October 12, 2017
"Get a sense of humor, dude. Bring 'em on!"-mh pic.twitter.com/oavNZYDxTw