Hello folks! Yesterday we saw our first teams eliminated from the ALDS/NLDS as the Astros advanced with a win over the Red Sox. Additionally, the Dodgers knocked out the Diamondbacks in three. The Yankees and Indians will head to a Game 5. Things are getting interesting. Here’s what else you need to know today.
In Mariners news...
- Get well soon, Guillermo!
- The Mariners have nominated Nelson Cruz for the Hank Aaron Award.
Around the league...
- Although the Red Sox are out of the postseason now, Rafael Devers made history with an inside-the-park home run.
- This is an interesting development for the Mets-Nationals rivalry. The Mets get to move from Las Vegas, an undesirable location for them given the distance. But now the Nats are displaced and likely scrambling to find a new farm team that isn’t Las Vegas.
- MLB Trade Rumors provides estimations for all arbitration-eligible players for the upcoming offseason.
- No surprise here.
- The Mets will reportedly take a look at Brad Ausmus for their managerial opening.
- The Mets are also considering Yankees’ skipper Joe Girardi for the position.
- Nolan Arenado is on pace for a Hall of Fame career, writes Purple Row.
- Masahiro Tanaka throws shockingly few fastballs, Jeff Sullivan notes.
- IT HAPPENED. And now I’m done voluntarily watching Star Wars trailers until the movie comes out.
- The ESPN vs. Chris Petersen war continues.