Hello and Happy Friday everyone! We finally made it to the end of the work week.
If you’re looking for some baseball-related things to look forward to this weekend, just remember that our lovely John Trupin is hosting a holiday party tonight. Glance over this post to see if that’s something that interests you! We’d love to see you there.
Secondly, keep your eyes peeled for a really cool piece from Kate tomorrow on a certain Mariners prospect and his experience being coached by the new regime. It’s really cool. I almost cried reading it, actually.
And here’s some other cool stuff that you might want to check out in the interim. Have a good weekend everyone!
In Mariners news...
- The Mariners Caravan will begin this Monday! This year’s edition will feature Dan Altavilla and Ben Gamel. A few other players and broadcasters will also make appearances.
- If you recently acquired an Alexa-enabled Amazon device, you can use it to search on Baseball-Reference! I’m using a lot of exclamation points today!
- Alex Rodriguez reportedly does not plan on playing in the 2017 season, despite rumors to the contrary.
- Even though he’s a native of Atlanta, Brandon Phillips blocked a trade that would have sent him from the Reds to the Braves.
- Andy Pettitte is going to have a complicated Hall of Fame case, writes Craig Calcaterra.
- Dave Cameron wonders if Eric Thames will have as high of an ISO as the projections think he will. It seems to me like projections always overestimate former major leaguers who are coming off strong international campaigns.
- Craig Edwards takes a gaze into the crystal ball in search of future Hall of Fame position players. Also, Mike Trout is insane. Just in case you forgot.
- Along the same lines, David Schoenfeld tries to figure out who will be the next player to enter the National HOF for each team. Kansas City fans shouldn’t hold their breath.
- Chris Berman’s days of calling the Home Run Derby appear to be over.
- Wrigley Field could be a site for future college football bowl games. That would be pretty sweet.
- I’m not sure if I’ve posted this one yet. More a cappella!