Happy Thursday, all! You can practically taste the weekend at this point and the weather has been a little less cold lately. What a time to be alive.
Whilst preparing a State of the Farm piece yesterday, I stumbled upon a corner of the baseball blogosphere I’ve never noticed before: Prospect Profile Pics, courtesy of MLB.com. Behold!
In Mariners News...
- Dan Vogelbach took part in an AMA over at r/Mariners yesterday. He revealed that his nickname in Chicago was Big Tuna, which is just wonderful.
- The Mariners’ Caravan got stuck and Aaron Goldsmith live-tweeted the whole thing.
- WE HAVE VIDEO OF MARINERS HITTING BASEBALLS!
- Keith Law released his list of the ten-worst farm systems in baseball. You’ll need a subscription to read the whole thing, but guess who was ranked lower than the Angels (HINT: you’ve come to this site to read all about them)?
- Ketel Marte pimped a home run and that pitcher might have to retire.
In Other News...
- Ivan Rodriguez, Jeff Bagwell and Tim Raines were named as the 2017 Hall of Fame class.
- The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim and OF Kole Calhoun agreed to a contract extension yesterday afternoon. Calhoun is now locked up until 2020.
- Patrick Dubuque wonders why Hall of Fame voters are so in love with relievers.
- What is your favorite video game soundtrack/song? Here’s mine, looped for 20 minutes: