Good morning folks! Let's take a look at what's going on in baseball-landia:
- Aquasox outfielder Eric Filia was named the MVP of the Northwest League. Ethan will probably touch on this later, so I don't want to steal his thunder too much. But Filia is super interesting to me as a 24-year-old who was just drafted, putting up incredible numbers. The dude is now helping the Rainiers in their stretch run. Curious to see where he winds up next year.
- The A's have acquired Donn Roach from the Tigers.
- Adam Rubin reports that the Mets regret letting Daniel Murphy go. Given Murphy's terrific season, I'd say anyone would regret not signing him. I'd be lying if I said I didn't agree with New York's decision to let him go, though.
- Eduardo Rodriguez' no-hitter was broken up in the eighth inning because of a manager's challenge. This is probably the first time I've heard of this, but it harkens back to the infamous Armando Galarraga near-perfect game.
- Jacob deGrom is expected to miss a few starts due to forearm inflammation.