Good morning everyone! Just four games left to go in the regular season. Let's see what's happening in the sport as we close out 2016:
- The Mariners have promoted Scott Hunter to director of amateur scouting.
- Joaquin Benoit suffered an injury in a brawl with the Yankees, in case you even remember who Benoit is.
- A couple of Marlins players declined an invitation to ride on the boat with Jose Fernandez that fateful night.
- Buster Olney suggests that an award be created in honor of Fernandez, which seems like a marvelous idea.
- The Fish have signed Martin Prado to a multi-year contract extension.
- The Nationals just seem to have rotten postseason luck, writes Jeff Sullivan after it was announced that Wilson Ramos is out for the year with a torn ACL.
- Speaking of bad luck with injuries, the Mets are likely to be without both Steven Matz and Wilmer Flores should they make the postseason.
- Drew Pomeranz probably won't be appearing in any October games either.