Good morning folks! Let's take a look at the latest from around the wide world of baseball:
- You may remember Josh Donaldson getting ejected in a recent game with the Mariners for arguing balls and strikes. Jeff Sullivan at Fangraphs takes a look at just how bad that particular call was.
- Nathaniel Grow wonders how the Mariners' handling of Steve Clevenger will impact future similar scenarios.
- In case you missed it, Marlins ace Jose Fernandez tragically passed away this weekend in a boating accident.
- The Marlins are going to retire Fernandez's #16 in his honor.
- The Cubs organization is attempting to crack down on unauthorized vendors at the ballpark.
- The Red Sox set a new major league record for consecutive strikeouts from a pitching staff in a game.
- Derek Falvey has been hired as the new president of baseball operations by the Twins.