Good morning Mariners fans! While you were busy doing the things that you do every day, fresh news was rolling off the press. Let's investigate these stories:
- The Mariners have sent pitcher Joe Wieland to the Braves for cash.
- Ubaldo Jimenez recently became an American citizen. This story is interesting to me because it's not something I've ever stopped to consider. I didn't even know that it was particularly uncommon. Good for him!
- The Brewers and Dodgers are still considering making a Yasiel Puig-Ryan Braun swap.
- Grant Brisbee gives his thoughts on the rumored trade talks.
- Adrian Beltre recently did what Adrian Beltre does best: he hit a home run from one knee.
- The Yankees are going to ink a deal with Billy Butler.
- Dave Cameron makes the case for Corey Seager as the National League's MVP. It's cool that both brothers could be in line for top-7 MVP finishes. Top-5 if you feel good enough about Kyle. Regardless, Corey's chances are clearly better as it's something of a two-horse race in the NL.
- The 2017 MLB schedule was recently released.