Tonight the world will experience big strapping men hitting small white objects a long ways, with no regard for the other two true outcomes. Seattle Mariners' second baseman Robinson Cano will be participating, as will old frienemy Mark Trumbo and honorary/future Mariner Corey Seager.
The Rules, as per MLB.com:
- Single-elimination tournament in which the winner of each matchup advances and the loser of each matchup is eliminated.
- If the second batter hits more home runs than the first batter in any matchup, he will be declared the winner and not attempt to hit additional home runs.
- Four minutes per batter for each round. Clock starts with the release of the first pitch. In the first round and semifinals, each batter is entitled to one 45-second timeout. In the finals, each batter is entitled to two 45-second timeouts.
- Thirty seconds of bonus time will be awarded for two home runs that each equal or exceed 440 feet.
- Ties in any round will be broken by a 60-second swing-off with no stoppage of time or additional time added. If a tie remains after the swing-off, batters will engage in successive three-swing swing-offs until there is a winner.
(1) Mark Trumbo vs (8) Corey Seager
(4) Robinson Cano vs (5) Giancarlo Stanton
(2) Todd Frazier vs (7) Carlos Gonzalez
(3) Adam Duvall vs (6) Wil Myers
5 pm PST, ESPN and MLB.com
Mark Trumbo -- David, Jake, Peter
Todd Frazier -- Grant
Adam Duvall - Scott G., Eric
Robinson Cano - Kate
Giancarlo Stanton -- Nathan, Jose, Anders
Wil Myers -- Patrick
Carlos Gonzalez -- Zach