Good morning everyone! Once again I get the duty of writing an article the morning after an annoying loss. This is like the third or fourth time this has happened. I swear I had the witch remove my curse last week. While I go address that, here's some reading material for you:
Let's start with some MLB draft stuff:
- If you missed any of the Mariners picks, here's a list of who they took.
- Bob Dutton broke down the second day of picks for the M's.
- Baseball America put out a cool article a while ago about Bryson Brigman's transition from hockey to baseball (Brigman has already signed a deal with the M's per Chris Cotillo).
- Brandon Miller talked about what it was like being drafted (video link).
- Dimas Ojeda had to overcome some pretty serious challenges to get to where he is now.
- The M's honored a couple of legends by drafting Trey Griffey and Eli Wilson in the later rounds of the draft.
- Many people were not fans of Harold Reynolds' draft day analysis.
And now the rest...
- The Rangers have acquired reliever Justin De Fratus as the PTBNL for Patrick Kivlehan.
- Yu Darvish has been scratched from his scheduled start on Monday as things do not look good for the Texas ace.
- Eno Sarris made a cool hype post about James Paxton.
- After a hot start to the season, Mat Latos has been DFA'd.
- Did you think Justin Morneau had already retired? Well, he had. But he came out of retirement to sign with the White Sox.
- Jeff Sullivan thinks Jonathan Lucroy might be baseball's best catcher again.
- Suspensions were handed out for the Orioles-Royals brawl.
- Dave Cameron says there's no such thing as a player's "ceiling."
- The Cubs have re-acquired baseball player Chris Coghlan.
- The Cubs and Yankees have reportedly been discussing a deal involving Aroldis Chapman.