Good morning everyone! Let's take a look at what's going on in baseball:
- Mark Trumbo credited the Mariners, and specifically Edgar Martinez, for his success this season.
- Wade Miley has been happy with the run support he's been getting lately.
- The Padres tried to return outfielder Jabari Blash to the M's, but the Mariners traded him back.
- Tim Lincecum is reportedly close to signing a deal with the Angels.
- Garrett Richards will attempt to recover from a torn UCL without undergoing Tommy John.
- The Astros have promoted prospect Colin Moran, brother of former Mariners farmhand Brian Moran.
- If you missed it, the Rangers and Blue Jays got into a huge brawl.
- Suspensions were also announced for said brawl.
- Jeff Sullivan takes a look at the early returns for Ian Desmond's 2016 season.
- The Rangers have sent reliever Tom Wilhelmsen down to Triple-A.
- The Pirates have extended the contract of Francisco Cervelli.
- The 500 home run club might start to become more exclusive, writes Grant Brisbee.
- Rob Manfred thinks baseball games need to get faster again.
- The Braves opted to fire manager Fredi Gonzalez.
- Greg Simons of The Hardball Times thinks free agent compensation should fall by the wayside.
- Bartolo Colon was recently in court over a child support case.