Good morning everyone! Before you start your day bright and early with Mariners baseball, let's get you caught up on the latest from around the game:
- Corinne Landrey of The Hardball Times wrote about the challenges of being a female fan.
- Daniel Stumpf of the Phillies was suspended for 80 games for PED use.
- Grant Brisbee wonders what would have to happen for someone to break the M's record for wins in a single season.
- The Rangers signed Adrian Beltre to a two-year contract extension.
- Bryce Harper hit his 100th home run. It was also his first ever grand slam.
- Harper also changed baseball's rules about bat knob decals.
- David Laurila at Fangraphs interviewed Mark Trumbo about his approach at the plate.
- Vin Scully gave quite the speech about why the number 13 is not unlucky.