Hello. Did you know what day it is?
I feel better. Anyway, today the Seattle Mariners all got together to do some drills and skills and coupled that with thrills down in Peoria, Arizona. Some call it Spring Training, but I call it just a damn good time in the sun with The Fellas. Today was a fun day for all of us, and live BP was thrown, which is essentially two-thirds of an actual baseball game. The only thing missing was me eating a hotdog. On to the notes and pictures and videos from today's action down south.
- Taijuan Walker and Wade Miley threw live BP for a few hitters today and the video evidence can be seen right here:
- This breaking news came out earlier this AM:
Dae-Ho Lee has now asked that the spelling of his name include the hyphen in the first name. He's coming for you @hyphen18— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) February 26, 2016
- As well, we were given confirmation that Dae-Ho is a very, very tall man:
Alvin Davis preparing Dae-Ho Lee for live BP. "Swing is ok, track is ok."— Shannon Drayer (@shannondrayer) February 26, 2016
I want to see swing. pic.twitter.com/5C90Xo0cxY
- Among the other notes and foibles of the day, Jesus Montero elected to go without a bat during his BP session earlier today. Reports coming back from Peoria indicated the coaching staff is considering this a poor choice due to his lack of guaranteed roster spot and need to hit at the Major-League level:
Lumber malfunction for Jesus Montero pic.twitter.com/8KwMYDSc3W— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) February 26, 2016
- Cishek brings the funk to Kyle:
Seager facing Cishek in live bp pic.twitter.com/ejfIGFC2CR— Shannon Drayer (@shannondrayer) February 26, 2016
- Greg Johns has done us all a great favor and started accumulating all the photos from Spring in to the location on this tweet, which is super helpful if you're looking for a new background on your computer or mobile device: