Good morning everyone! I hope your week is going well so far.
Hey, did you know Milennials don’t know what fabric softener is? I am among this group of individuals. Although I know what it is, I don’t use it. I was having an argument about it with someone yesterday, who insisted it was a must-use. As a struggling college student, I’m always looking to save a dollar here or there. Because of that, I don’t really think it’s worth my money (heck, I don’t even use bleach.)
So if you have any hot laundry takes, lay ‘em on me. I also think laundry pods are the way to go over laundry soap, which is probably just another #Milennial thing. What do you think?
Anyway, here are the links you came here for.
In Mariners news...
- Dan Szymborski is coming out with his Mariners ZiPS projections for 2017 later today, but first here’s a little teaser.
Rough depth chart for Seattle Mariners with WAR projections c/o @DSzymborski. Full ZiPS post tomorrow in early AM or late AM or early PM. pic.twitter.com/1tWcfGNvOu— Carson Cistulli (@cistulli) December 27, 2016
- The National Pastime Museum tabbed the Kingdome as a baseball stadium that is missed. While the Kingdome certainly had its moments and perks, I think we can all agree Safeco Field is a superior venue.
- The Yankees have been fairly involved in the Jose Quintana trade market. The Bombers have reportedly talked to Chicago about both Quintana and former New York reliever David Robertson.
- Jayson Stark took a look back at some of the most memorable things to happen in baseball in 2016. Kind of surprising to me that Bartolo’s home run is the headliner over the Cubs winning the World Series, but whatever.
Non-baseball sports news...
- By now you’ve maybe heard about UCLA’s Lonzo Ball, the freshman who has been tearing it up for the Bruins. But maybe we should be talking more about his younger brother.
This dude LaMelo Ball pointed at the half court line and then casually pulled from there he's our new god now pic.twitter.com/nKGarnc2bi— Zach Harper (@talkhoops) December 27, 2016
- The Washington State Cougars fell just short in a 17-12 loss to Minnesota in the Holiday Bowl. But the good news for WSU is that quarterback Luke Falk is returning to school for his senior season.
- Former SuperSonics Gary Payton and Rashard Lewis might be involved in a new professional basketball league that is being created by the rapper Ice Cube. Seriously.
- The world lost yet another icon yesterday in Carrie Fisher, who passed away yesterday due to a heart attack. My thoughts are with her friends and family, and may she rest in peace.