Hello everyone and a Happy Thanksgiving! I hope the holiday treats you well and that all is good for you wherever it is you are today. My job today is to gather up some links for distraction/time passing. It is with this that I present you MLB Daily Dish’s list of things to talk about at Thanksgiving that are baseball-related.
Now that I’ve gotten that off my chest, here’s the rest of what you need to know today.
In Mariners news...
- Well the Mariners just made a trade as I was typing this. Here’s a few early reactions from the trade.
Mariners GM Jerry Dipoto's comments on trade in release announcing deal: pic.twitter.com/RI4rQbHNBr— Curtis Crabtree (@Curtis_Crabtree) November 24, 2016
Walker/Segura going to get the headlines, but Haniger could be the wild card in this deal. If he’s a legit CF, could be best player in deal.— David Cameron (@DCameronFG) November 24, 2016
7. W/o naming names, thinking this deal hinges on Haniger is hilarious bullshit. It all comes down to how much Segura can repeat this year.— Zach Sanders (@zvsanders) November 24, 2016
I'm processing this trade in real time, but here goes:— Zach Sanders (@zvsanders) November 24, 2016
1. Buying high on Segura is a poor choice.
2. Neither Curtis nor Haniger move needle
- Edwin Diaz will play for the Puerto Rican team in the World Baseball Classic:
- The M’s were in fact in the mix for lefty reliever Brett Cecil before he wound up signing with the Cardinals.
- MLB owners are looking into the possibility of a lockout for the 2017 season. A new collective bargaining agreement is currently being discussed and an agreement will have to be reached in a little under two weeks.
- Beyond the Box Score tags the least valuable players of the 2016 season (no Mariners included!)
- Craig Edwards previews the upcoming Hall of Fame ballot.
- Become more educated on the history of Thanksgiving with this 100-question Thanksgiving trivia quiz!
- There’s a song about Thanksgiving produced by the same guy who did Rebecca Black’s song “Friday.” Prepare to cringe.