Happy Wednesday, everyone. Things have been relatively quiet this week for the Mariners, but usually that just means we’re five minutes away from Dipoto pulling off ten or twelve moves in a fifteen minute span.
Anyway, here are some tumbleweeds from the past 24 hours:
In Mariner Land...
- Tom Wilhelmsen has been released by the Mariners. Wilhelmsen struggled with the Mariners last year, posting a 4.65 xFIP and -0.2 fWAR over 25.0 innings. Dipoto hasn’t completely closed the book on Wilhelmsen being a member of the 2017 Mariners, but he’ll hardly be a priority moving forward.
- Nick Stellini sent some love Kyle Seager’s way over at FanGraphs.
- Chef Jeremy wants to show you how to make a King’s Court turkey leg for Thanksgiving.
In other news...
- Jason Castro and the Minnesota Twins have agreed to a 3-year, $24.5m deal.
- Grant Brisbee tries to find a home for Edwin Encarnacion.
- Craig Edwards looks at the subpar starting pitching free agent class.
- Baseball America’s Ben Badler tries to fix the international market.
- Is there a lockout coming? Ken Rosenthal provides information on the drama surrounding a new CBA.
Bonus Picks of the day...
- Play this. Feel it. Run to it. Drive to it. Do nothing to it.
- There is a rare craft beer that costs $20,000 and comes in a squirrel. Time to prove how big of a beer lover you are.