Happy Friday to all! Here are some links for you on this wonderful day:
In Mariner Land...
- Get to know Kelly Munro, the Seattle Mariners’ head of the information department.
- Jerry Dipoto did a brief interview with Arving Gonzalez. He discusses Cano, Cruz, and his plans for the offseason. He refers to Danny Valencia as a first baseman, mentions needing a little more outfield depth, and needing a lefty in the ‘pen.
- Manny Acta won the MLBPAA Service Award. Here is his acceptance speech.
- The 2017 Spring Training schedule has been announced!
- The Mariners signed Blake Perry to a minor league contract. Perry is a 24-year-old RHP who has never pitched above High-A ball. He put a 12.34 K/9 and a 2.00 FIP last season with the Visalia Rawhide.
In other news...
- The Astros made two big moves yesterday, acquiring catcher Brian McCann from the New York Yankees for two minor league arms and signing OF Josh Reddick to a 4 year, $52m contract.
- Jeff Sullivan looked at what these moves mean for the Houston Astros’ potential.
- The possibility of a 26-man roster is being discussed.
- Mike Trout is your AL MVP. He and Disneyland continue to be the only good things about the city of Anaheim. Kris Bryant took home the NL MVP honors.
Bonus Picks of the Day...
- Another video buried under all of my Liked Videos on Youtube. Watching three random people perform so well together is wonderful, and the guy saying “I needed that” at the end always brings a smile to my face. I believe it went viral a few years ago, so it may be familiar to you. Enjoy:
- US-born pandas are struggling with a language barrier after they were taken to China.