It is Wednesday. We are at the halfway point of the week and that Thanksgiving turkey is just over a week away. We are going to get through this, I promise. Here are some links to help pass the time:
In Mariner Land...
- Ryan Divish gives us an update on how top prospect Kyle Lewis’ rehab is going. The key quote in terms of how he’s doing at this current moment:
“I’m right on track of where I was expected to be at this point — full range of motion, no pain, starting to do split squats and lunges and things like that,” he said.
- Beyond the Box Score took a look at the Danny Valencia trade and how much it improves the Mariners in the immediate future.
- Bob Dutton reported that the Mariners are still very much interested in Cincinnati Reds SS Zack Cozart
In other baseball news...
- Ken Rosenthal looked at Mike Montgomery’s long journey from forgotten prospect to World Series ender.
- Grant Brisbee took a look at how the average career for a Rookie of the Year winner turns out.
- Dave Cameron gave his five ‘Free Agent Landmines’ for the 2016 offseason. Two old friends are included.
- Terry Francona and Dave Roberts are your Managers of the Year. Scott Servais apparently received some votes. You go, Scott!
- The WBC schedule has been released! USA opens with Colombia on March 10th at Marlins Park at 6pm ET.
- Let me introduce you to the New Orleans Baby Cakes.
Bonus Picks of the Day...
- A nasty virus left me bedridden the last few days. There weren’t many positives to take from the experience, but I did spend some time going through old Youtube videos I had saved years ago. One of the videos was this awesome clip of a man leading a chantey at a folk festival. If you love a good chantey, this is for you:
- Apple is releasing a book containing 450 photos of its products through the years. It is $300. Adjust your Christmas list accordingly.