Happy Monday! In case you didn’t watch any football yesterday, here’s a quick summary: The Pats didn’t give it to Marshawn. Let’s get to the links.
- The big Mariners news remains the Danny Valencia trade from Saturday. Anders put together some internet reactions to the deal.
- And another link to Ryan Divish’s article about the trade, which includes some links from Jerry Dipoto. JDP confirms that the deal basically means Dae-Ho Lee is officially on the outs. It was fun while it lasted.
- Because we can never get enough Tyler O’Neill...our favorite Canadian outfielder made a pair of diving catches on Saturday in AFL action. Check it out.
- Trolling Skip Bayless is fun, especially when it’s Bob Dutton on the mic!
- The week in review, from our friends over at MLB Daily Dish. Trader Jerry did his best to make sure the team is well represented.
- In other news from the AL West, looks like Derek Holland is hoping to re-sign with the Rangers, even after Texas declined his $11 million option.
- Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe wrote an interesting piece about the impact of the upcoming CBA (and the luxury tax uncertainty), and how big-money teams like the Red Sox or Yankees might be hesitant to sign major free agents as a result.
- Jeff Sullivan weighing in on “the next good hitter to come from South Korea.”
- I love Shohei Otani. If he gets posted this offseason - extremely unlikely due to the low reward for his Japanese team, which would get only $20 million for forgoing multiple years on his deal - the M’s should absolutely break the bank for him. I mean, watch this!
The college basketball season started last night for my two favorite teams, and they just so happened to be playing each other. Washington and Yale met in Seattle in both teams’ season openers, and the Bulldogs came away with a victory thanks to a shocking 21-4 advantage in offensive rebounds.
Which brings me to this clip. It never gets old.
Now, if only Yale can beat Harvard in football this Saturday...