It is Sunday and things are slow, but I very much promise Jerry Dipoto is working on 200 different trades as we speak. Here are some links!
In Mariner Land...
- Ryan Divish’s article on the Danny Valencia trade provides some great quotes from Dipoto and Valencia. Dipoto discusses how Valencia fits while Valencia talks about his feelings on the trade and the Mariners.
- East Bay Times provided a look at the trade from the other side of things. They even have a quote in there from Valencia on whether or not his fight with Billy Butler played a role in the trade.
In other news...
- Brandon Phillips may be willing to waive his no-trade clause with just one year remaining on his contract. Phillips has been with the Reds since 2006. Sheldon throws out the Dodgers and Angels as teams who may be in need of a second baseman in 2017.
- Dusty Baker’s son has signed to play baseball at Cal. Yes, this is the same kid that J.T. Snow had to scoop out of the way during the 2002 World Series.
- Reliever Jordan Walden signed a minor league contract with the Atlanta Braves. Walden was with the Braves for two seasons before being traded to the St. Louis Cardinals.
- A Cubs fan who was born in 1908 passed away this weekend. Every time I think we’ve heard the last of these sad/happy/however you want to interpret it/somber tales, another one pops up.
- The Arizona Diamondbacks are going to make their uniforms a little less awful!
Song of the Day
Start your Sunday morning off with ‘Stable Song’ by Gregory Alan Isakov. I’ve found whenever I’m in the mood to unwind and need things to slow down a bit, this song always does the trick.
In the mood for more acoustic wonderfulness? Try ‘I’m Your Moon’ by Jonathan Coulton. The song is a love letter to Pluto from Charon, Pluto’s moon. It is one of my absolute favorites.