Good morning everyone! Welcome to our first edition of postseason linkage. Let's check out what's going on as some teams get ready for the next month while others get ready for the next year:
- Jeff Sullivan takes a look at how accurate the projections were for the season.
- The Braves have signed reliever Jim Johnson to a multi-year extension.
- The Marlins are letting go of hitting coach Barry Bonds.
- The Red Sox are planning to retire David Ortiz's jersey number in 2017.
- Robin Ventura has stepped down as manager of the White Sox. Rick Renteria will manage the South Side Sox in his place.
- Walt Weiss will no longer manage the Rockies.
- The Diamondbacks went the extra mile, firing both the manager and GM.
- Eno Sarris wonders how managers' performances should even be measured.