Good morning everyone! Let's see what went on in the last few days:
- Chris Mitchell writes about Ketel Marte and how he stacks up with other players who had a lot of success in the minors.
- In case you missed it, the Rangers have acquired first baseman Mike Napoli from the Red Sox.
- Jeff Sullivan wonders if Carlos Correa is the best shortstop in baseball right now.
- Eno Sarris at Fangraphs looks at how major league debuts affect a player.
- Andrew Felper has a cool story on the Cape Cod League and how the league helps develop college players.
- FiveThirtyEight notices that the MLB projections were far from their mark this season and wonders why that might be (thanks to Munenori's Espresso Stand for the reference).
- The Braves have acquired outfielders Michael Bourn and Nick Swisher in a deal with the Indians.
- The Astros made a deal to acquire pitcher Oliver Perez from the Diamondbacks.
- The Blue Jays also made a small deal, picking up infielder Cliff Pennington from Arizona.