This, this has been nice. Honestly, where off days were at one time excruciating, being able to completely step away from baseball for a couple days has been an enormous relief.
That said, that comes to a temporary end as we figured we'd still talk M's this week—and utilized this week's show as an opportunity to, in addition to discussing other things, look back on the first half. Here's what we discussed:
- Who would be a better option at DH right now, Edgar Martinez or Mike Zunino?
- How's the catcher trade market even look?
- Who's the MVP of the first half? Biggest surprise? Biggest disappointment? What are the best moments? And the worst?
- Reasons for optimism for the second half.
- The weekend series.
- I had the On Your Left IPA from Peddler Brewing Company right here in Ballard. It was solid, but somewhat lacking in body and flavor. Bit light for my taste, but not bad.
- Conner had the Topcutter IPA from Bale Breaker Brewing Company, which he thought was smoothe and great.
- You can subscribe to the podcast in iTunes so you get it on your phone and what-have-you.
- You can also subscribe to the podcast on Stitcher, if you have a different kind of phone. Though if you're on Android, the Soundcloud app itself works great as well.
- You can follow the show on Twitter, just to see when new episodes are up, at @22sAndTridents. And in addition to following me on Twitter at @colinokeefe, be sure to follow Con at @connerokeefe.
Now, of course, the show: