We're just happy to be here. Hope we can help the ballclub.
Well, we will not be helping the ballclub—not the literal one, certainly, though perhaps the figurative blog ballclub on LL. But I reiterate, we are happy to be here. Yes, the Twenty-Twos & Tridents podcast will appear here on Lookout Landing, and I couldn't be more thrilled—nor more thankful to Nathan for the opportunity.
For those who don't know, Twenty-Twos & Tridents is a weekly podcast discussing the Mariners from myself, Colin O'Keefe, and my brother, Conner O'Keefe. As is the case with everything we do, we just try to have some fun. And along the way, we'll be optimistic and also bring a bit of advanced analysis to what we do.
Absurdly, this is our 26th episode. If you're interested, some housekeeping.
- You can subscribe to the podcast in iTunes so you get it on your phone and what-have-you.
- You can also subscribe to the podcast on Stitcher, if you have a different kind of phone.
- You can follow the show on Twitter, just to see when new episodes are up, at @22sAndTridents. And in addition to following me on Twitter at @colinokeefe, be sure to follow Con at @connerokeefe.
As part of every episode, we have a beer. Thus, the "twenty-two." Quickly, those beers.
- Colin: the Imperial IPA from Reuben's Brews. Quite good, and what a great neighborhood brewery—and holy hell, that new taproom is great.
- Conner had the Titan IPA from Great Divide Brewing Company and found it to be very tasty.
So, I should actually get to it, here's that show. We discuss a number of things, among them: the rise of Taijuan Walker, what to make of Mike Montgomery, why Edgar's hiring isn't so bad and expectations on buying and selling as the season progresses.