We're less than a week away from the Lookout BBQ with our friends at Cespedes Family BBQ (also on Twitter here). I ran down the initial details when we first announced the event a few weeks ago, but here's a quick summary if you missed it the first time:
- Myself, other Lookout Landing staff, Jake and Jordan from Cespedes Family BBQ, you, and members of the Mariners front office
- $30 and FUNKBLAST promo code at Mariners.com gets you a t-shirt, admittance into a pre-game meet & greet and Q&A in The 'Pen, and main-level tickets in Section 146 (3rd base line, near the King's Court which will be in full effect, and you know what has happened when Felix faces the Rays at home)
- It's also Ack Attack Train Car night, and if you arrive for the pregame Q&A, you'll surely arrive in enough time to get a train.
- Tickets must be purchased by Friday at 5 p.m. in order to get admitted to the pregame event -- don't wait!
- Jeff Kingston, assistant Mariners GM has agreed to be on the panel along with Kevin Martinez (Twitter), VP of marketing, and you can submit questions in the comments below that will be asked. Hit the rec button on your favorite questions -- we'll prioritize the best ones. If there is time, we'll have an open forum of questions to ask as well.
- The event starts at 5:10 in The 'Pen, where there will be a roped off section for ticket holders. You need a ticket to this specific event to get in -- if you already have tickets to the game, sell 'em and buy these instead! We want to hang out.
- We'll be giving away couple Safeco Field blueprints from our friends at Ballpark Blueprints -- these posters are absolutely gorgeous and usually cost $60 each!
- Even though the event is in The 'Pen, admittance is all ages.
- After the pregame event, head to your seats or stick around and meet some feLLow readers in The 'Pen. Or hang out in the seats because we're all sitting in the same area. Point is, let's chat.
- Here's what the t-shirt looks like:
UPDATE: Wes Battle (Baseball Operations Analyst) has also joined the panel.