The Mariners return home as conquerors to face a surging team from Cleveland, a city that once had a river light on fire. Sitting squarely back at .500, the Mariners are tasked with facing one of the premier starting pitchers of the American League, less than 36 hours removed from having just done the same feat.
|CLEVELAND INDIANS||SEATTLE MARINERS|
|Jason Kipnis - 2B||Austin Jackson - CF|
|Mike Aviles - 3B||Seth Smith - RF|
|Michael Brantley - LF||Nelson Cruz - DH|
|Ryan Raburn - RF||Kyle Seager - 3B|
|Nick Swisher - DH||Logan Morrison - 1B|
|Yan Gomes - C||Brad Miller - 2B|
|Brandon Moss - 1B||Dustin Ackley - LF|
|Jose Ramirez - SS||Chris Taylor - SS|
|Michael Bourn - CF||Mike Zunino - C|
|Corey Kluber - RHP||James Paxton - LHP|
Nothing to see here except OH AWESOME NO ROBINSON CANO COOL THANKS, LLOYD.
⚾️ ✈️ https://t.co/dTK3DNhYMs— Matthias Ellis (@matthiasellis) May 28, 2015
Despite that emoji-riddled HOTTAKE by Lookout's own, Robbie is due a rest and let's hope he gets over the flu very soon as the man was hitting line drives all over Tampa. This is where I would put together a stand-up about Tampa but nobody would even go to see it. Attendance jokes.
The dances covered in the Ten Dance are the foxtrot, waltz, quickstep, Viennese waltz, and tango (Standard). Along with the samba, rumba, paso doble, cha-cha-cha, and jive (International) as defined by ballroom dancing. I know 1/15 of these dances (half of the waltz).
One man who is known to do a decent tango is James Paxton, who toes the rubber to take on the reigning American League Cy Young winner. This award was given to Corey Kluber for a phenomenal year of pitching last season and is one that I believe nobody here had or has any opinion about. Robbie gets a night off for the flu against a pitcher who has become a certified strikeout machine, and the roster remains the same, just everyone moves up a slot. Brad Miller gets the start at second, a position at which I'm sure he is able to borrow yet another of Dustin Ackley's baseball mittens.
Things from today:
- Paxton and Kluber have nearly identical ERA's. I don't know.
- While I don't really read that much in to roster construction, Lloyd seemed to me like the sort of man who would slip Seager up to 3rd with Robbie out, but I get keeping the R-L-R-L in lieu of keeping Cruz 4th.
- A winning record after tonight's game would represent a rather large achievement looking back a week or so ago in my eyes.
- Last time I saw Cleveland play at the Safe, Nick Swisher threw my then-girlfriend a baseball on his way in to the dugout. She dropped it, having a beer in the other hand, and the ball was given to a little boy in the aisle by some kind, older gentleman. I still blame and dislike Nick Swisher for this event.
- You all know what we say about the Indians.
- Indians vs Mariners, 7:10 PST
- TV: ROOT
- Radio: 710 ESPN
- Online: mlb.tv