The last quarter of 2015 has seen a lot of change, both with the Mariners and the site. We welcomed a new GM, and new staff members. Finding things to say about baseball in the absence of baseball is always a challenge for me. I feel as tough inevitably the story becomes more the words than the subject of the words, and that's never the kind of writing I want to do.
Fortunately the staff is immensely talented and full of fun, creative ways to while away the winter. Tomorrow we turn it to 2016, and 98 days until the Mariner's home opener on an unseasonably warm Friday night against the Angels. It's gonna fly.
- The season ended, mercifully
- Goodnight baseball
- Ketel Marte really was cool and fun
- Haha we are not good at predicting baseball why didn't we just listen to you?
- Our favorite moments of the 2015 Seattle Mariners
- 300 or so perfect words about Gary Gray
- A Seager for every occasion
- Brendan did a hot take and it was excellent
- Jake looked at the batted ball data and Safeco Field
- Meg is terrifying with her puns
- Colin dug into the mystery of Andy McKay
- The Mariners fired Lloyd McClendon, which was probably good, but I was still a bit sad
- The Mariners hired Scott Servais
- We revealed our offseason plans
- Scott Servais has big shoes to fill, Matt's column
- On having a catch
- Whoa the rotation looked bad
- We announced the official Edgar/Junior 2016 ticket
- And a handy Mariner gift guide
- We said farewell to Brad Miller
- The Hisashi Iwakuma storyline started to play out
- We added new staff member Darryl Skeeby, which was probably a big mistake
- I mean the guy doesn't even want Junior in the hall of fame
- Brendan and David did an MLB-Premier League mashup
- The horn of Heyward was sounded
- Just try Mike Montgomery in the bullpen please
- David started "On Smallness" which I enjoy a good deal
- Jake took a look at Nate Karns
- Joaquin Benoit's role in the Mariners was examined
- Patrick opened a suggestion box....
- ....and then trolled the everloving hell out of everyone in brilliant fashion
- Roenis Elias left and we were sad
- Hisashi Iwakuma left and we were sad
- Matt introduced Beyond the Box Office which is absolutely phenomenal
- Jerry Dipoto really was insanely busy
- Always with the damn puns
- The semi-professional
- Jake broke down Wade Miley's upside
- And also did some really interesting OBP exploration
- May the Mariners be with you
- We bought an Aoki
- We looked into what makes a player's manager
- On Smallness rolled on like an army of steamrollers
- KUMA? KUMA!
- Kuma's return was the moment Dipoto's offseason needed
- We hired Kate, which was a very good decision
There's a lot more, as there has been for every quarter. This recap fails to roundup the amazing collection of Fanposts created by all of you wonderful crazy people. Thank you to everyone who read, commented, and participated in Lookout Landing in 2015. It was a good year.