We roll on with the year in LL by looking at months April through June. Almost nothing good happened to the Mariners during this time, although there were plenty of things on the site of merit. Part I of this yearly review can be found here.
- OPENING DAY, FELIX, CARSON SMITH BAGS A TROUT
- David introduced himself to you all and it went great
- Dustin Ackley sure swung a big stick in April
- "Everything is bigger in Texas, including the wrongness"
- Milton Bradley sucked (and sucks)
- Colin said (and we mostly agreed) that 2015 was the team to end all the pain
- It became evident very early that Nelson Cruz is very strong
- Brad Miller got moved. Positions. Before he got moved positions again. Before he moved teams
- Hahaha oh man was Mike Zunino ever awful
Even in a down year, Felix was King
- RANGER BLOOD
- Brendan broke down Roenis Elias' future
- Andrew began his year long appreciation of Seth Smith's competence
- Matt is the best
- J.A. Happ was bad. He's nothing like Wade Miley at all nope no sir no not at all.
- Robinson Cano got off to a terrible start and we got scared
- Dominic Leone's free fall out of MLB was well underway
- The site's self-indulgent meta-poet found his sea legs
- The Mariners took out some bad feelings on the Padres
- Patrick wrote perhaps the defining piece on Mariner fandom
- Scott left, something that still makes me sad
- I took over, something that still seems surreal
- Mike Montgomery shut out baseball's best team
- The Mariner called up Guti, setting in motion the best thing about 2015
- We pointed out that Robinson Cano's body still had a pulse and to not throw dirt on him yet
- We thought the team may actually have something with Mike Montgomery. Whoops.
- The Mariners offense in the 1st half was very bad
- But Seth Smith was good
- Andrew took a humorously in depth look at Logan Morrison's stolen bases
- We hired Meg, which was a good decision
- David was sad
- Very sad
- The Mariners and Felix beat Madison Bumgarner and the Giants, I got drunk
- Twenty-Two's and Tridents came to Lookout Landing, which was a good decision
- Colin wrote on the Chinese Water Torture that was the 2015 Mariners
Tomorrow we'll get into July, the dog days, and how the team's awfulness drove LL to create its own fun.