Happy Monday and welcome to a very slow week in the world of baseball. I'm sure that somewhere Jerry Dipoto is texting a couple people while on a conference call while on a treadmill while diversifying his stock portfolio but for actual, tangible Mariner news your desperate craving for content is going to be scantly fed.
It's the final week of 2015, and it's a time for reflection. We have a few days to think back on everything that happened before 2016 rushes us every onward towards whatever the hell the future holds. As such I wanted to take one final look back, and split apart the year in LL into quarters, highlighting and linking to some of the best/funniest/most creative/interesting/well done work the site produced this year. I'll definitely miss things and you should know it's because
I dislike your work and you personally had to sift through a lot of stuff and things unavoidably get missed. Feel free to add a contribution in the comments.
I am very grateful for every author, reader, and commenter that made LL what it was in 2015. The Mariners sucked badly, and the site went through a lot of change and upheaval. But I feel as though we've come through it strong and well positioned for a fantastic 2016, regardless of the quality of baseball we are exposed to.
Today, we start off with January-March.
- A search for the most underrated Mariner
- Andrew is bad and foretold the regression of Felix Hernandez
- The Mariners became the first team to install LED lights in their stadium
- Colin sings the song of Fanfest
- Matt wrote about Yoervis Medina because winter is cold and harsh
- The Mariners once again made sure to corner the Endy Chavez Market
- Things got very silly and The Man talked about banning the shift
- The catcher situation for 2015 is prophesied
- Intangibles? We talking about intangibles?!
- The Bad Baseball Card Tournament happened it was great
- Franklin Gutierrez was signed to a minor league contract
- A very stupid post on Fernando Rodney
- Pitchers and catchers report and we are all dying
- Hey the Mariners signed Rickie Weeks that seemed like a good idea to me at the time
- We kind of trolled the Seahawks and that went great
- Mariner Valentines
- The Jesus Montero Redemption Story begins
- A BASEBALL GAME (with a horrible injury because 2015 Mariners)
- Matt reviews the 2015 Mariner commercials
- Patrick ruined the season by going on Effectively Wild and forecasting doom
- We looked back at the Kingdome, and how it was pretty great in an awful kind of way
- Before he was good, and before he was terrible, Taijuan Walker was really good in Spring
- Colin went to Spring Training and discovered pointless baseball is great baseball
- We previewed the season. Sorry about it
- A headline of breathtaking sadness