Good morning! There are exactly two weeks left until the Winter Meetings start, but there is still some recent news from around the league. Let's check it out:
- Bud Black has been hired as a member of the Angels' front office.
- The Astros have traded shortstop Jonathan Villar to the Brewers.
- The A's also sent pitcher Jesse Chavez to the Blue Jays.
- The Marlins might be looking to deal ace Jose Fernandez. David Schoenfeld at ESPN looks at some possible destinations for the starter.
- Fernandez isn't the only player the Marlins are looking to deal because of apparent attitude issues. Miami seems to be listening to offers on Marcell Ozuna as well.
- Jeff Sullivan at Fangraphs thinks having a strong bullpen is pretty important.
- Dave Cameron takes a look at five free agents that teams should be careful with.
- Carson Cistulli tries to figure out who baseball's most well-rounded hitters are.
- The Tigers made a deal to acquire outfielder Cameron Maybin.