Jerry Dipoto said the Mariners will be built around run prevention, and he picked up a couple guys whose entire job is preventing runs. I mean, in different ways, of course. But yes, preventing runs.
Leonys Martin and Joaquin Benoit join the fray, and we talk about it. Also, Andy Van Slyke may or may not have had something to drink and then gone on the radio to discuss the Mariners (who does that?!), so we talked about that too.
- I had the Elysian Night Owl. I know, I know—selling out a little here. But it's so good.
- Con had the Topcutter IPA from Bale Breaker. I can never remember if it's the Bale Breaker from Topcutter or the other way around. It's the other way around. And also a good beer.
- You can subscribe to the podcast in iTunes so you get it on your phone and what-have-you.
- You can also subscribe to the podcast on Stitcher, if you have a different kind of phone. Though if you're on Android, the Soundcloud app itself works great as well.
- You can follow the show on Twitter, just to see when new episodes are up, at @22sAndTridents. And in addition to following me on Twitter at @colinokeefe, be sure to follow Con at @connerokeefe.
Now, the show: