I hate when there's no baseball, but honestly, I love the offseason. You'd think we'd run out of news, and we almost did last week, but once you get in the thick of it, there's always something to talk about.
And this week, we had a lot. There's the near Chris Iannetta deal. There's the actual deal for Franklin Gutierrez. Then there's trade rumors and Manny Acta's hiring.
So, the usual items before getting to it.
- I had Fremont Brewing's Bonfire Ale, which is a pale ale. We discussed pale ale's in the LL chat a bit. I initially said they were bad, which is incorrect. They're just consistently unspectacular. I haven't had a bad pale ale really, but I haven't had a noteworthy one either. That held here.
- Con had the tried-and-true Deschutes Inversion IPA. It's nothing amazing but, as Con said, it's a solid staple you can get about anywhere.
- You can subscribe to the podcast in iTunes so you get it on your phone and what-have-you.
- You can also subscribe to the podcast on Stitcher, if you have a different kind of phone. Though if you're on Android, the Soundcloud app itself works great as well.
- You can follow the show on Twitter, just to see when new episodes are up, at @22sAndTridents. And in addition to following me on Twitter at @colinokeefe, be sure to follow Con at @connerokeefe.
Now, the show: