The Mariners were kind of a mess yesterday but what isn't a mess is the following series of links I've got for you:
- Sad news for a pair of M's farmhands who were slapped with 50-game suspensions for drug abuse.
- Sarah Kirkpatrick at Seattle P-I offers her grades for each Mariner in the first half of the season.
- If the M's really are going to be interested in Ben Zobrist as Michael looked at earlier this month, they might have to compete with their division rivals to get him.
- Jason Churchill at Prospect Insider provides his personal list of possible Mariner trade targets.
- The Ryan Rowland-Smith saga continues!
- Grant Brisbee argues that there's a good chance the Astros will win the 2017 World Series.
- Crawfish Boxes isn't too worried about the season-ending injury to Carlos Correa.
- It appears that a wrench was thrown in the new lease for Oakland's stadium.
- Athletics Nation examines players who could deserve extensions and which ones make the most sense.
- The Angels and Pirates decided they were tired of their closers and so they swapped them for each others'.*
- Bless You Boys considers the possibility of Rick Porcello reaching 300 wins, thus thrusting him into the HOF.
- Dave Cameron at Fangraphs calculates the run differentials each team should be expected to have given their records.
- The Hardball Times explores how the change in the height of the pitching mound affected offensive totals.
- Tyler Drenon explores some possible new Padres GM candidates.
- Only in the minor leagues...
*Ok, I know Frieri technically wasn't the closer anymore anyway but that narrative isn't as fun...