The M's are five games over .500 and life is pretty durned good if you're a fan right now. Here are some links to start off the day:
- Let's start out with some good news here. Taijuan Walker had a decent outing for the first time in a while last night with Tacoma, and hopefully will only require one or two more rehab starts before coming up to Seattle.
- Why let the good news stop there? First base prospect Ji-Man Choi is back from his 50-game suspension and currently playing with Double-A Jackson.
- Michael Saunders is also expected to return to action within the next couple of days.
- If you're curious about how the M's did in this year's draft, Ryan Divish has some scouting reports on the draftees (Day 1 here, Day 2 here, Day 3 here).
- Jeff Sullivan at U.S.S. Mariner also offers some of his thoughts on the draft.
- Jason Churchill of Prospect Insider has some scouting reports on various Tacoma players.
- Here's the latest U.S.S. Mariner podcast episode.
- Jeff Sullivan looks at the locations of Felix's pitches this year compared to previous years.
- Seems like the M's dodged a serious bullet in terms of relief pitchers when they chose to sign Fernando Rodney and not one of his half dozen friends.
- Kendrys Morales signed a contract with the Twins shortly after the draft ended, and he's already playing with the team.
- Jeff Sullivan at Fangraphs provides his reaction to Kendrys signing with Minnesota.
- It just keeps getting worse for Texas who has now lost Mitch Moreland for three to four weeks due to ankle surgery.
- The Orioles and Athletics got into a brawl this past weekend. Grant Brisbee gives some of his thoughts on what happened.
- Dave Cameron at Fangraphs talks about Max Scherzer's decision to decline Detroit's extension offer over the offseason and whether or not that was wise.
- Carlos Gomez walked away with the "Swing of the Week" award.
Question of the day: Do you think Choi will reach the majors this year? If so, when? What kind of impact do you think he'll have?