- If you didn't catch it, the Mariners set their minor league rosters a couple of days ago. U.S.S. Mariner has previews for the Lumberkings and Mavericks right now, and should have the Generals and Rainiers up within the next couple of days,
- After Dave Cameron tweeted that Brad Miller might be the best shortstop in the AL right now, Marc W. of U.S.S. Mariner discusses whether or not that's true.
- Jeff Sullivan argues that one should always be optimistic when his/her team is undefeated (even though this article was written after game one, it still holds true today!)
- Alex Carson of Prospect Insider looks at some fun stats from the first couple of Mariners games.
- Beyond the Box Score breaks down how successful hitters who swing on 3-0 counts are.
- Fangraphs lists the Top 50 prospects for 2014 by projected WAR and seems to have low expectations for Mariner prospects.
- Jeff Sullivan on Fangraphs does some compiling on 2014 opening day first pitches, where there appears to be an evident pattern.
- The Hardball Times talks about the history between beer and baseball and how the two became natural partners.
- Derek Jeter received a very strange retirement gift from the Astros.
- Chris Archer signed an extension with the Tampa Bay Rays for six years and $25.5MM with two additional club options and the potential to earn a total of $45.5MM.
- The Padres appear to be nearing a minor league deal with foreign pitcher Odrisamer Despaigne.
- Very strange game yesterday between the Brewers and Braves in which neither team recorded a hit until the seventh inning.
- Yu Darvish is ready to play again and will make his 2014 debut on Sunday.
- Derek Holland threw a bullpen session recently, his first since having microfracture surgery in January.
Got any links to share from the last couple of days? Feel free to share them in the comments.